Wednesday, October 17, 2007

An Old Favorite: Chewy Ginger Snaps



I may not be getting much blogging done lately, but we have been getting a lot of work done in the yard. Although soups and baking are definitely on my mind, I have been trying to take advantage of every moment of warmth and sunshine before it's gone until spring. It did cool down a bit this past week, so after I snuck in a little more yard work, I baked up a batch of cookies.

160-6100_IMGedit

This is not a new recipe, but I'm reviving it because it's one of our favorites and because I have a new photo to go along with it. This time I rolled the cookies in sugar for some added sparkle and crunch. I had never been much of a ginger cookie fan until I tried these - they are pleasingly chewy with a nice bite from the crystallized ginger.

Hopefully more treats will be coming out of the kitchen as the weather cools down........