Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Delicious "Pumpkin" Pasta Recipe



Last week I was planning my menu and decided to crack open my 365: No Repeats from Rachael Ray. I didn't get very far down the list when I came upon a recipe for Pumpkin Pasta with Sausage and Wild Mushrooms. I didn't look any further - this sounded perfect.

I've put the pumpkin in quotes because I actually used butternut squash. My husband's great aunt was here for a visit earlier this year and brought us 4 or 5 huge butternut squash. The funny thing is, she said she didn't even plant any butternut squash - they were all volunteers! Anyway,I recently roasted all of the squash, pureed it (because of texture aversions, I can only eat it pureed), divided it into 2-cup quantities and put it in the freezer.

Pumpkin Pasta
I did change up the recipe a bit from what was in the cookbook - I left out the olive oil which seemed wholly unnecessary, I drained the sausage and a few other changes. The recipe I've included in my link is slightly modified from the one in the cookbook, but I've tried to note the major changes. The recipe goes together quite easily, but it tastes like you went to a lot of work - that's my kind of recipe!

DH and the boys weren't quite sure when I rattled off the ingredients in the recipe, but I was pretty confident that we would all like it and I was right. It was a big hit - the 3 boys went back for seconds, always a good sign.

2 cups down, 12 more to go...........