Friday, May 23, 2008

Another yummy Rachael Ray Recipe



Back to back Rachael recipes. This recipe came to my attention via the CLBB. It was posted by Sharon over at Culinary Adventures of a New Wife. Unlike the noodle bowl, this one falls in the over 30 minutes category for me. Although I have to say that even when they take over 30 minutes, Rachael's recipes are often complete, so there's no need to think up sides or additional accompaniments and when you take that into account, her recipes are still pretty quick.

167-6742_IMG
This is another complete meal - grilled chicken, lots of veggies, a little whole wheat pita and a yummy parsley-feta pesto on top. The only really bad thing about this recipe? The name - it's one of Rachael at her cutesy-poo best (or worst). But what can I say? I like her food and that's what counts in the end.

The Greek comes most notably from the kalamata olives and the feta, while the yogurt marinade provides the Tikka. It really does sound like a lot going on, but somehow it works. Delicious. I'd like to take elements of this recipe to try on their own - like using the yogurt marinade to grill chicken on its own (but perhaps marinating the chicken a little longer) and using the parsley-feta pesto as a dip or spread. Lots of possibilities!

On a side note, I have found a whole wheat pita pocket and a whole wheat flatbread that I love - they are not dry like many whole wheat pita breads and are pleasantly chewy. The flatbread is my favorite, but it has quite a bit more fat than the pita, so I try to use the flatbread a bit more sparingly. I am going to try something new here - when I find a specific product that I really like, I will try to link to it in my recipes, so look for the pita link in this recipe.